COMMUNITY PHARMACY AND MANAGEMENT
Download Complete Notes in PDF | Visit Regular for latest update
- Community Pharmacy Practice – Definition, history and development of community pharmacy – International and Indian scenarios
Professional responsibilities of community pharmacists Introduction to the concept of Good Pharmacy Practice and SOPs.
Prescription and prescription handling
Definition, parts of prescriptions, legality of prescriptions, prescription handling, labelling of dispensed medications (Main label, ancillary label, pictograms), brief instructions on medication usage Dispensing process, Good Dispensing Practices, dispensing errors and strategies to minimize them
- Definition, types of communication skills,
- Interactions with professionals and patients,
- Verbal communication skills (one-to-one, over the telephone),
- Written communication skills,
- Body language,
- Patient interview techniques,
- Definition and benefits of patient counselling
- Stages of patient counselling – Introduction, counselling content, counselling process and closing the counselling session
- Barriers to effective counseling – Types and strategies to overcome the barriers
- Patient counselling points for chronic diseases/disorders – Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and AIDS.
- Patient Package Inserts – Definition, importance and benefits, Scenarios of PPI use in India and other countries.
- Patient Information leaflets – Definition and uses
Definition, factors influencing non adherence, strategies to overcome non-adherence