HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
Download Complete Notes in PDF | Visit Regular for latest update
Scope of Anatomy and Physiology
Definition of various terminologies
Structure of Cell : Components and its functions
Tissues of the human body: Epithelial, Connective, Muscular and Nervous tissues – their sub-types and characteristics.
Osseous system: structure and functions of bones of axial and appendicular skeleton Classification, types and movements of joints, disorders of jointsOsseous system: structure and functions of bones of axial and appendicular skeleton Classification, types and movements of joints, disorders of joints
● Composition and functions of blood
● Process of Hemopoiesis
● Characteristics and functions of RBCs, WBCs and
● Mechanism of Blood Clotting
● Lymph and lymphatic system, composition, function and its formation.
● Structure and functions of spleen and lymph node.
● Anatomy and Physiology of heart
● Blood vessels and circulation (Pulmonary, coronary and systemic circulation)
● Cardiac cycle and Heart sounds, Basics of ECG
● Blood pressure and its regulation
● Anatomy of respiratory organs and their functions.
● Regulation Mechanism of respiration.
● Respiratory volumes and capacities – definitions
● Anatomy and Physiology of GIT
● Anatomy and functions of accessory glands
● Physiology of digestion and absorption
- Physiology of muscle contraction
- Disorder of skeletal muscles
- Classification of nervous system
- Anatomy and physiology of cerebrum, cerebellum, mid brain
- Function of hypothalamus, medulla oblongata and basal ganglia
- Spinal cord-structure and reflexes
- Names and functions of cranial nerves.
- Anatomy and physiology of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system (ANS)
Sense organs –
Anatomy and physiology of
● Anatomy and physiology of urinary system
● Physiology of urine formation
● Renin – angiotensin system
● Clearance tests and micturition
Endocrine system (Hormones and their functions)
● Pituitary gland
● Adrenal gland
● Thyroid and parathyroid gland
● Pancreas and gonads
● Anatomy of male and female reproductive system
● Physiology of menstruation
● Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis
● Pregnancy and parturition